We’re excited to announce that our independent RIA Destiny Wealth Partners has been ranked among the 2023 75 Fastest-Growing Fee-Only RIAs.
According to Investment News, “these firms are being celebrated for the growth they’ve achieved and assets they’ve attracted since July 2020. While all 75 winners are trusted and reliable partners for their clients, each firm has its own unique strategy and operating methods.”
Destiny Wealth Partners is our independent RIA founded by 30+ year financial veteran Tom Ruggie, ChFC, CFP, which also conducts business as Ruggie Wealth Management, Nichols Wealth Partners, and Destiny Family Office. Ruggie founded the family office in 2016 to meet the unanswered needs of the ultra-high-net-worth, as they were seeking to better navigate the challenges and opportunities at the intersection of their family, wealth, and aspirations.
The firm’s culture is rooted in a shared vision to continually innovate, working collaboratively as a closely integrated team and partnering with best-in-industry third parties to create solutions that empower individuals, families, and foundations and help them achieve their highest Destiny.
As of July 2023, Destiny Wealth Partners had $1 billion in AUM. The firm’s success has been driven by targeting three key areas:
- presenting a compelling sphere of investments through the Destiny Alternative Fund and unique access to direct and co-investment opportunities for UHNW families seeking opportunities for greater returns
- creating a niche focus on high-end collectors: Tom Ruggie’s unique insights and perspectives, based on his own lifelong passion for collecting, have resulted in his expertise and thought leadership on this subject, as well as on alternative investments as a whole
- private trust capabilities: becoming a trust representative office for the nation’s largest trust company
Ruggie says, “Simply put, we have a growth mindset. We set big goals and have big expectations for ourselves in many areas, starting with the delivery of an exceptional client experience, the desire to continually innovate, and a commitment to invest in ourselves, in best-in-class strategic partnerships, and in the capabilities and services we provide.” Clients experience deep strategic thinking tailored to their situations, needs, and goals, such as:
- purpose and passion
- attention to detail
- continual innovation and growth of the team, services, capabilities, technology, etc.
- a focus on understanding clients’ “why”
- a willingness to act as clients’ personal CFO
- well-thought-out planning for the long term
- a growth mindset
- quiet leadership
- financial strategies that simplify lives
“We believe our most compelling metric continues to be our ability to turn success into personal significance for our clients and their families. We also believe doing so has led to an exemplary client retention rate across time,” says Ruggie. “Clients surveyed say that’s a factor of well-thought-out investment strategies and investment management processes, unique planning tools, constant attention to detail, desire to challenge convention, willingness to seize opportunities, and quiet leadership.”
In addition to being named among InvestmentNews’ Fastest-Growing Fee-Only RIAs of 2023, Ruggie and his firm have received other recognitions, including:
- Forbes/Shook Research Best-In-State Wealth Advisors (6x)
- Forbes/Shook Research 250 Top RIA Firms (2023)
- Barron’s Top 1200 Financial Advisors (11x)
- Financial Advisor Top RIA Firms (11x)
- USA Today/Statista 500 Best Financial Advisory Firms in the US (2023)
- Family Wealth Report Awards Finalist in the category up to and including $2.5 billion in AUM (2022 and 2023)
As Ruggie reflects on all he and his team have accomplished thus far with and for the clients they serve, he remains focused on the ever-evolving needs of clients and how he can best serve them. There are plans to expand the firm’s family office offerings, pursue select M&A opportunities, and launch GenNext, an initiative targeting the younger client demographic.