Why Ruggie Wealth
Ruggie Wealth has a track record of success that spans 30 years. Tom Ruggie has earned professional recognition as one of the top wealth managers in the nation by Barron’s, Forbes, Financial Advisor and Wealth Manager Magazines. He has provided insights on national programs for CNBC, Fox News, PBS, and CNN Financial News, been published on Forbes.com and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, HFN Global and SmartMoney.
Ruggie Wealth Management pledges to provide:
- Financial guidance to help you maintain the standard of living you have worked so hard to achieve.
- Simplification of your retirement planning and investment process so you can confidently spend more time doing the things you care about most.
- Proactive management of portfolios. Ruggie Wealth utilizes a robust tracking system to track and analyze investment positions held at the firm.
- Both active and passive investment strategies.
There are few responsibilities as significant as our clients’ financial well-being, and we are honored to be custodians of their trust. These are some of the key reasons clients have told us they have chosen Ruggie Wealth Management:
- Simply put, we are committed to unwavering independence. As an independent advisory firm that takes the time to understand our clients and their needs, we use a broad range of services and strategies to help them reach their goals. We make autonomous decisions and are not beholden to any corporate ties. Perhaps most importantly, our fees/compensation structure have aligned our employees’ actions and our clients’ best interests. We succeed when you do.
- We work in the best interests of our clients. Like a company’s Chief Financial Officer we want to establish lasting relationships and to stand with our clients when they have important financial decisions to make. Our entrepreneurial spirit and culture of collaboration, motivation and passion for the best interests of our clients, has led to the development of relationships that can help strengthen our client’s financial position.
- We work as a team to carefully and skillfully manage our clients’ accounts. Why is this important? Because our success (and yours) is built on the strength of long-term relationships.
- Our investment philosophy is rooted in an established set of principles and focuses on success for the long term. It isn’t swayed by short-term turbulence or fads.
Ruggie Wealth Management’s team of experienced advisors use a comprehensive discovery process that allows us to learn who you are, what’s important to you, and what your interests, values and dreams are. We then go through a strategic proprietary process to help you set an investment course. Once that course is set, we are here to stand beside you as you face every significant financial decision throughout your lifetime.
1. Comprehensive Approach
Ruggie Wealth Management provides a comprehensive, “holistic” solution to managing all aspects of your financial situation. Our team members are aligned to make the biggest impact possible on your financial success.
Ruggie Wealth Management is part of Destiny Wealth Partners, which provides a continuum of financial services through its companies Destiny Family Office, KCG Investment Advisory Services. Destiny Family Office provides comprehensive investment and life-planning solutions to affluent individuals, entrepreneurs, entertainers, athletes and their families.
Destiny Wealth Partners has engaged Mercer Financial Intermediary Services/Mercer Research (Mercer), and First Trust Capital Management’s Private Investment Platform powered by First Trust Alternative Investment Research (“FTAIR”) for a range of customized investment services, including manager research and ratings, model portfolios, manager selection, consolidation of reporting, custom fund implementations and due diligence across the entire investable universe.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), and has employees based in 44 countries and 56 cities. They have $15 trillion under advice as of June 30, 2019, $305 billion under management as of December 31, 2019, and $7 trillion in subscriber assets. Their investment services offering includes access to one of the largest manager research platforms in the industry.
First Trust Capital Management L.P. (“FTCM”) is an asset management firm that specializes in providing diversified alternative and income oriented investments as an adviser or manager to public and private investment funds as well as separately managed accounts for other RIAs. FTCM has particular expertise in real estate, private equity, private credit, real assets and hedge fund investments. FTCM has an investment research team, First Trust Alternative Investment Research (“FTAIR”), that performs due diligence on managers across all asset classes and strategies, and maintains a proprietary database of firms, portfolio managers, and their investment products.
These strategic alignments give us the ability to choose what we need to supplement our own expertise, boost our arsenal of investment strategies, differentiate our portfolios and elevate further our client experience.
We also have an extensive network of strategic partnerships and alliances with attorneys, accountants, payroll companies and insurance companies to help us with our clients’ sophisticated needs. Strategic partnerships are affiliated companies under common ownership, which are independent and separately managed firms. These firms allow Ruggie Wealth Management to offer wealth advisory services – including comprehensive financial planning and investment management – to individuals, businesses, foundations and other non-profit organizations. Any offer to obtain services through Destiny Wealth Partners affiliates should be considered carefully by the client including review of each affiliate’s ADV brochure and agreements.
2. Our Investment Process
Ruggie Wealth has developed a proprietary statistical model to assist in proper allocation of client’s monies. It is important to note that clients’ models are based on their specific income needs, an evaluation of assets available and determination of when distribution will start.
Ruggie Wealth clients have consistently told us of the peace-of-mind that comes with a well thought-out, understandable investment strategy.
3. Client Service Beyond Expectations
Ruggie Wealth strives to maintain its enviable client retention rate. We are about more than just transactions…we care about the relationships we have with our clients, and nurture those relationships for the long-term. We have a dedicated team in place all striving to provide service that far exceeds traditional standards.
We hire highly-qualified financial professionals for our team. Some of the designations held by representatives of Ruggie Wealth Management include Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) and Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®).
The majority of our business is referred by existing clients.